Transcona Hi Neighbour Festival Inc.
“Making Community Connections”
It takes many volunteers to plan and execute an event of this size. Annually we receive assistance from anywhere between 75 to 100 student and adult volunteers. High School Students can even achieve
Anyone interested in donating or sponsoring this fantastic, historical community event, please also visit our Sponsorship page or contact us directly by email.
Hi Neighbour Sam Fund
Public Service Announcement
This is a PSA regarding Hi Neighbour Sam! Over the last couple of years, we have had offers to have Hi Neighbour Sam painted. Unfortunately, Hi Neighbour Sam requires more than just a paint job. He needs to be moved from his location to be repaired, restored and painted. It is
We received a quote from an organization that specializes in these projects who assessed the integrity of Sam’s structure, identified the material used and necessary repairs. Their quote is just over $23,000.00.
Unfortunately, it is not a small task and we are working on getting funding through various sources which include City and Government Grants. The Transcona Hi Neighbour Festival has not started a go fund me page for Hi Neighbour Sam. If you would like to help fix Sam, please donate on our webpage where all the proceeds go to Sam’s repair.
What We Do
The Transcona Hi Neighbour Festival Inc. (
is to provide a community event which supports inclusion regardless of ethnicity, religion, age or economic position. All are welcome to enjoy this free event which includes:
- Live children’s entertainment, face painting, balloon artistry, glitter tattoos, numerous mascots
andDisney princesses and contests.
- Friday night a Free Family Concert is enjoyed by all with Canadian Classic Rock acts. Centennial Square has seen past artists such as Lee Aaron, Streetheat, Harlequin and 2019 Honeymoon Suite.
- Toro Security professionals are present all weekend to ensure a safe and fun weekend for all!
- Perkin’s sponsors a free senior’s bingo on Saturday and Sunday and also a pancake breakfast Sunday morning before the Ecumenical Worship hosted and supported by the Transcona Christian Reformed Church, 131 Victoria Ave W.
- Local food and merchandise vendors,
- Select Shows provides a super fun selection of amusement games and rides including a train designed especially for the community of Transcona.
- We are proud to provide public information booths promoting family health, safety, finances, etc. and to promote our local businesses
- Enjoy a wide variety of free entertainment as we proudly showcase a variety of local talent.
- In addition to the festival, we have an annual parade on Saturday, June 8, and we like to remind spectators to remember to bring a donation for the Transcona Food Bank
- Following the parade, there is also a free hot dog lunch at Grace Canadian Reformed Church with face painting, a bouncing castle
News & Updates
Via Rail Winner - Chantal Sawotin 50/50 Winner ($634.00) - Charles Taylor Raffle Winners: 1st Prize - Carrie Gillis 2nd Prize - John Dempster 3rd Prize - Karen and Allan Moorhouse Congratulations to the winners and thank you to everyone who purchased tickets in...
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
P.O. Box 62022
104 Regent Ave E.