The Transcona Hi Neighbour Festival Inc. (
Our focus is to provide a community event which supports inclusion regardless of ethnicity, religion, age or economic position. All are welcome to enjoy this free event which includes:
- Live children’s entertainment, face painting, balloon artistry, glitter tattoos, numerous mascots and Disney princesses and contests.
- Friday night a Free Family Concert is enjoyed by all with Canadian Classic Rock acts. Centennial Square has seen past artists such as Lee Aaron, Streetheat, Harlequin, Honeymoon Suite and Big Top Radio (2020).
- Toro Security professionals are present all weekend to ensure a safe and fun weekend for all!
- Perkin’s sponsors a free senior’s bingo on Saturday and Sunday and also a pancake breakfast Sunday morning before the Community Worship hosted and supported by the Transcona Christian Reformed Church, 131 Victoria Ave W.
- Local food and merchandise vendors,
- Select Shows provides a super fun selection of amusement games and rides including a train designed especially for the community of Transcona.
- We are proud to provide public information booths promoting family health, safety, finances, etc. and to promote our local businesses
- Enjoy a wide variety of free entertainment as we proudly showcase a variety of local talent.
- In addition to the festival, we have an annual parade on Saturday, June 6, and we like to remind spectators to remember to bring a donation for the Transcona Food Bank
- Following the parade, there is also a free hot dog lunch at Grace Canadian Reformed Church with face painting, a bouncing castle and balloons!
Al Pitch’s Amazing Entertainment joins the festival on Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7 with his Face Off Trivia Challenge. “Transcona Trivia” and “Are You Smarter Than Your MLA” are enjoyed by participants and spectators with a chance to win great prizes!
There will be many more exciting updates in the next few months, like our Facebook page to ensure you don’t miss out on any of the action.
It takes many volunteers to plan and execute an event of this size. Annually we receive assistance from anywhere between 75 to 100 student and adult volunteers. If you are interested in helping, please visit our website and complete a volunteer application form
Anyone interested in donating or sponsoring this fantastic, historical community event, please also visit our website or contact us directly by email.
With your help, we hope to make the 2019 Transcona Hi Neighbour Festival a tremendous community event.